- To improve production and productivity of cereals, pulses, oilseeds, cash crops, fruits, vegetables, flowers and farm animals.
- To develop of suitable cultivar for intercropping.
- To conserve natural resources (soil and water) and improve their efficiency for sustainable production of crops and animal produce.
- Rainwater conservation, harvesting and recycling.
- Development of Integrated Farming System based models on optimization and integration of resources.
- Development of climate resilient technologies with in-situ and ex-situ rainwater conservation.
- Management of abiotic and biotic stresses for development of ‘Climate Resilient Varieties’.
- To develop cost effective and sustainable technology of integrated pest, disease and nutrient management.
- Production of quality seed of improved varieties and hybrids.
- Design and development of farm implements and technology for mechanization of agriculture.
- Development of technologies for minimizing post-harvest losses and production of value-added products.
- To develop suitable cultivars for its value addition, etc.
- To conserve genetic resource of crops and animals and their maintenance.
- Development of protocol for organic farming.
- To generate data for estimation of production and marketing cost.